Monday, June 10, 2013

In Full Bloom

Hanging Plants Windows
Shabby Rose
Sleepy Cat
124:365
Yellow
Cottage Windows
122:365
New Window Boxes
Sweet William
Rose Ruffles
127:365
Onyx Portrait
Grass Negative Space
126:365
123:365
Cottage Flower
Window Plants
Patchwork Quilt
In Bloom
Odyn Portrait
Ombre Rose
White space
The rose garden at the park is in full bloom. A sweet smell of roses is drafting down the road, especially with all the rain we have been getting. This weekend dear hubby and I made window boxes for the house. We filled them to the brim with hanging petunias in purple and white, and also some hanging vines. Hubby got a rickety ladder out of the basement and carefully, while I pleaded for him to not get hurt, put the window boxes on the thick stone ledges. Today we noticed bees and a hummingbird visiting the new flowers.                      
We also planted some more herbs and a white peony bush that I can't wait to bloom big frothy ruffled flowers. Onyx the cat is loving the catnip plant, maybe just a little too much - he's currently sleeping it off on the couch. 
There was also some more wallpaper stripping - Ugh it's one project that I wouldn't mind ending. We only have the downstairs hallway and our room left. It's the hardest paper of all. Thick, shiny, and doesn't like to peel off easily even with water/fabric softener mixture. Paint swatches have been hung up just in anticipation. A deep dark navy blue for just one wall of our bedroom - called Midnight. Tuxedo Tie, Lunar Eclipse, Belle Grove White, and Snowday are just a couple other colors we like for other rooms. 
My back is starting to feel better, and I am really grateful. I've always known that I like to keep busy, but I never realized how much until I was stuck to the couch for a couple days. Honestly I can say I am not a television person. But with all that thinking time, there was a lot of planning. Crafty things that I just can't wait to start. 


4 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Love your photos, beautiful roses and such a cute kitty! :)
Glad your back is much better!
V x

September Violets said...

Stunning roses! I have planted two rose bushes last year and look forward to their blooms soon. I love the purple & white petunias against the stone walls. The boxes are going to look great when they all fill in. Happy Wednesday to you! Wendy :)

Jenniffer said...

Glad your back is better- I know what you mean by time to sit and dream. All the more fun when we can get back at it.

I LOVE your window boxes. They are fantastic. They look perfect against the old stone.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos here! I really like your style.