Friday, February 25, 2011

Free French Wildflowers Embroidery Pattern

The other night I wanted to make something embroidered. There is nothing more instantly satisfying then seeing something you made completely finished. Having a new puppy, 3 children on school vacation, and 1 child starting to get a cold, finishing projects is starting to become a task all on it's own.
A simple embroidery can be done in one night and was exactly what I needed. I drew up a simple pattern to make me dream of a field in France filled with purple wildflowers. Taking out my stash of white pillowcases (thrift stores are awesome places to find plain white pillowcases) I began to embroider my template.
Something about a deep rich purple reminds me of France, not that I have ever been there - yet. I will be adding this pillowcase to my shop and if you want to take the trip to France with me feel free to download or print my embroidery pattern (just click this picture).

French Wildflowers
I would love it if you would share your finished designs with me - feel free to join the Itchin' Stitchin' Flickr Group. Great plans ahead for more patterns :)!!!

6 comments:

Lola Nova said...

What a sweet pattern! Thank you so much for sharing!

Kristen said...

Very cute! I love flowery embroidered pillowcases, too. Thank you for sharing the pattern. :)

Helen Philipps said...

Lovely wild flower embroidery! It is a nice quick project yet makes the pillowcases so special. Helen x

Anonymous said...

You are so talented, and kind.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

What a pretty embroidery and so good of you to share your lovely pattern! :)
Vivienne x

Carol said...

I've just popped over from Ravelry and have enjoyed starting to read your blog.
Love the puppy, hope you will all be happy together. One year I had a choice - a dog or a 2 wheeler bike for my birthday. Guess which I chose?
Carol xx