Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cold and not just the weather


Oh the lovely winter cold has hit our house. Once it gets in it plays merry go round, making sure to get everyone at least once. As Rob eloquently put it, I am patient zero starting the whole thing. We make up our own games, like please pass the tissues or who can cough the loudest.


This didn't stop us from putting up the Christmas tree last night. I promised this year I wouldn't be neurotic, I would let the kids put any ornament wherever they wanted. Usually my tree only has red, purple, and gold ornaments that need to be spaced out ( meaning no purple right next to purple and so on).


I kept myself at a distance from the tree and just handed the kids ornaments to put on it, this seemed to help me remain calm. Aries likes the clustered look. Pick up an ornament, put it on the same branch as the last three ornaments, and repeat. Damien likes telling everyone else where to put the ornaments and the fact that he can almost reach the top of the tree. Odyn would run to me, grab an ornament, and then throw it at dad.


The tree has already received several shakes, a couple oooooooo's & aaaaaaa's, and one hug. I think it may be our best looking tree yet (and I didn't even move things around). I am taking it easy today...I have a cup of tea, warm blanket, and crochet hooks in hand. Patient zero wants this cold to end today. I did manage to add some of my handmade Let It Snow garland to the shop (if there is a certain color scheme garland you want let me know).
*Linking with Faded Charm for White Wednesday*

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I am and always have been a pain when it comes to the tree! It must be done my way!!
Take care of yourself and get rid of that cold!!
Vivienne x

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I remember those days!! So much fun! Now that mine are 19 and 17 they always show up in time to see the final result....LOL!!
Hope everyone feels better...stay warm!

Lori Lynn said...

Very cute garland!
♥´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´♥ Lori Lynn ♥

PS: I'm having a Holiday giveaway!!
http://lorilynnscottage.blogspot.com/2010/11/holiday-happiness-giveaway.html

Victoria said...

I must admit, I'm a bit neurotic when it comes to the tree also! My kids are older now so that's not an issue but my husband insists on having his Dodger ball ornament and yellow chicken ornament on there...oh well. Your tree looks lovely and I'm sure your kids had a blast decorating it!

Rebecca said...

Oh I love this story-wish I had some kids to put one up for me and decorate it-much too tired to do it myself-they'll remember the memories of you letting them, but I know how you feel-after I starting working retail where the trees were always perfect-I've always wanted mine to look like that-when I used to put one up!

Anonymous said...

OMG - heard a Pier One commercial on my way home and thought of you. I saw your tree through the window (I wasn't peeping though)and I thought could this mean what I think it does?I got my wish. A new blog from you to read. Happy, Happy day! I love this tree much better than any of your Pier One days trees. Cold go away -You need your energy for Saturday! :)

Anonymous said...

Your Christmas decorations look wonderful! Love the picture of your kids with the tree... too cute! They did a great job!!
Have a great day!
~ Jo :)

Sandy said...

Wonderful memory making, hope you feel better very soon!

Rebecca said...

Hello
I can't tell you how many times I re-did the tree after the kids went to bed... the beaded garland drives me nuts! Everything looks lovely
Many Blessings
Rebecca

Lola Nova said...

The tree looks lovely, as do all your gorgeous garlands! I am very excited to go out this weekend and get our tree. My daughter likes the cluster look too.

I do hope that the winter ick vacates your home very soon!

Thank you so very much for the wonderful comment you left over at my place. I am so touched and appreciate you sharing with me.

Have a lovely day!

silverpebble said...

Oh - such gorgeous crochet decorations. Everything looks just lovely.