Monday, May 30, 2011

Bags - Some Finished

Here is a sample of my bags that will be at the farmer's market!! This weekend I was able to get more done than I expected to and hopefully even more will get done during the week. 
The other day I watched the movie Nanny McPhee Returns with the kids. I must tell you that I wanted all of Mrs. Green's (Maggie Gyllenhall's character) clothes.
 Pretty country cottage floral skirts, embroidered peasant tops, and a kelly green jacket with satin ballerina pink lining were just some of the pretty things I saw. In fact I think Mrs. Green would appreciate these bags. 
The movie also has the coziest little cottage. So while the kids were fascinated by plot I was plotting decorating ideas. Are there movies that do this to you? 
Nanny McPhee Returns was just added to my list that already included Practical Magic, Amelie, and Because I Said So. All movies that I could watch for decorating and style ideas. 
So I think I may stop making bags for a bit - not long, just enough to decorate my house into a cozy summer cottage.

8 comments:

Prairie Rose said...

Adorable Purses!!
SO cute!
I LOVE the kitchen in the movie Practical Magic (I actually love the whole house) but that is my dream kitchen to a T.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Gorgeous bags Amanda, just beautiful!! :)
I watched Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead man's Chest last night, I have to say there weren't many decorating ideas in it but I do like Captain Sparrow!! ;)
Vivienne x

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Hello Amanda,
OMGosh...these are simply stunning. All the doilies and gorgeous cottage prints.

I'm in love!

Yes...I get inspired by movies also. I will be doing a post soon about a project inspired by 'The Holiday'.

Good luck at the market

Janet xox
http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

Gracey said...

Oh my goodness!!! SOOOOO CUTE! Do you ever sell them in your etsy shop?

Lola Nova said...

What lovely bags! I really like the shape of them.

April said...

I really want to see that movie! I loved the first one!

Anonymous said...

I love them, and so well made too. I had the privilege of seeing and feeling them. I love how you lined them.

Eileen {bluebirdluxe} said...

Very sweet bags! Now I want to see Nanny McPhee Returns! Obviously, I missed the first one, too. ..I'm still trying to think of some movies.. I'll get back with you! :)