Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Promise

Today I promise to create something - anything! Last night I had a burst of ideas. Usually I think to myself that I will remember them and drift off to sleep. But this time I got out of bed and searched for pen and paper to jot them down. I left the pen and paper by my nightstand, just in case any more came to mind. Sometimes when I do this, the ideas that were amazing in my sleepy state are no longer quite the same in the morning. To my surprise this time they were worth the scribble on the paper.
Now I am finding the ideas harder to make then thinking of them. Not that they are difficult concepts or they are things that will take some learning on how to do but more the fact that it's the sun outside. Something that seems to have been missing for awhile. Today is the first day of spring and I have the windows open. This is a rare and welcomed treat in New England.
I have a feeling that my promise is going to have to wait until the sun goes down.

3 comments:

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Such a lovely window! Yes. I too find my inspiration pouring out excitedly at bedtime only to wake up and have reality push off the crafting till later.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Isn't it great to open the windows and not freeze to death!!!
V x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful description and pictures. I'm so happy it's Spring.