Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Why I ♥ Swaps!!!

Some people would say I was a little coo coo for doing 2 swaps in the same week I have to prepare for the farmer's market. At first I was thinking the same thing. There is just something about a good swap and meeting new crafty people that is so appealing. Also the added bonus of meeting new blogging buddies.
If I had to sign up again I would do it in a heartbeat. Happy mail is what arrived today and yesterday. The kind of mail that took away all the stress of finding a tent, preparing bags, tags, and supplies. First package I got felt like it was my birthday, and rightfully so since it was the birthday treasury swap from Susan.
The shadowbox got an "OOOOOO!" from Odyn and Ms. Aries wanted to keep it in her room. Damien said it was nice - which is the very best compliment you can get from an 8 year old boy. All the little details like the watering can, vintage needle holder, and cute cake all made me smile. It's perfect! I know the very special spot in the studio where it will go. Plus Susan was so thoughtful including bunny wrapped chocolates, spools of thread for the feet, needles that came in the needle case, and that wonderful cottage style paper. Thank you again Susan - your work is amazing!
The next little package I got in the mail came from the pampered swap that I sign up for on April Maybe's blog. Oh how lucky was I that April herself was the person to pamper me! The box had pretty pink Eiffel Towers all over it. Her package came at just the perfect time, for today I do feel like I need to be pampered a little.

April was little psychic too. The night before the package arrive I entered my Hubby and I into a giveaway for a trip for 2 to Paris. So upon opening my pampered gift I felt like I already won that giveaway. My inner Amelie squealed to see that I got a very cool Paris mug (perfect for tea), yummy French chocolate wafers, jasmine lime soap that I can wait to try, amazing jade green nail polish, a much needed eye mask, silky cotton linen body milk, an Eiffel Tower key chain, and a pedicure kit that I am sure once Aries sees, a girls night will be announced.
My absolute favorite part though was the mixed CD that April made for me. Once girls night is underway, Aries and I will be dancing with painted toes all night long to it. Thank you April for hosting such a wonderful swap and for pampering me with such wonderful gifts.

6 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Who's been a lucky girl then??
Everything is so lovely, especially the bunny wrapped chocolates!
Hope your luck keeps going and you win the trip to Paris too. :)
Vivienne x

April said...

Maybe I am psychic... ;) So glad you like it!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! Do you need help eating those chocolates?

Micaela said...

awww i just love swaps, especially since that's how us vintage soul sisters met :)

that birthday treasure just might be the cutest thing i've seen!!! and such thought.

i was thrilled when april showed me what she was sending you and told her right away that she would adore you as i do. i love the theme so much!

xo

Unknown said...

Swaps sound like a really awesome idea and I have no idea why I haven't heard of them before - perhaps I should get busy organising my own!

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

I love what April sent you! How lucky!

x Jasmine