Saturday, June 12, 2010

Coming up short..cake!!!!

Yup it's strawberry shortcake! 
There is nothing like homemade strawberry shortcake. I use Bisquick for my shortcakes, but I always need to mix it up, sometimes adding vanilla extract or cinnamon (like I did this time). No Ready Whip from a can for me! Oh no .. I break out the mixer and take cream, add a little sugar, vanilla extract and whip it into great peaks of whipped cream. It tastes less plastic or waxy this way.
The kids know exactly what I am doing every time those beaters come out. I always get the Whatcha makin' mom? I always give the kids a beater .. now that there are 3 ..well a spoon gets dipped in for someone. Damien likes strawberry shortcake minus the strawberries and none of that cinnamon powder on his whip cream. Aries will eat strawberries with the cream, forget the shortcake it fills you up too fast, it won't leave room for all those strawberries. Odyn will just dive right in, wanting everything. He is happy and content to get everything down his shirt, in his diaper, and on his head.. maybe some gets in his mouth?!
My family was nice enough to leave me the last shortcake, just enough strawberries, and I can always whip up more whip cream.What a nice thing to come home from work to.

1 comment:

Alicia P. said...

It's the best, isn't it!!!?