Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Aries Dream Quilt

It's almost finished. I am at the last lap.
 This quilt is just the right thickness - great for layering on cold winter nights and just right for chilly spring and fall.
I find that safety pins really hold all the pieces together. I know there are other techniques but this one suits me. The backing is soft and cuddly just right for dreaming under.
 Aries wanted to help pin it all together today. The quilt was stretched out on our queen bed, pins ready to go into each square, and there was Aries putting her little legs under the quilt. She was getting my pillow ready to take a nap (well imaginary nap). I don't think this was helping much and she wasn't happy when she was asked to leave the room. One question was asked before she left "This blanket for me?" When informed it was, the joy in her little voice would have melted your heart. Instantly she wrapped her arms around my neck and said " Oh thank you mom!"

 I love that about her . What other three year old would be so happy with a quilt their mom was making for them?

4 comments:

Carol Bender said...

Looking Good!

hook and needle said...

I haven't tried safety pins, but it's got to be better than basting. Man I hate basting. :)

My son keeps asking for a quilt, too. I keep telling him I have to finish Mommy and Daddy's first.

I like your blog!

calicodaisy said...

Sweet! Thank you for stopping by my blog today and commenting. Nice to meet you here on the blogs. I know your little one will love the pretty quilt. -- michele

Erin Joy said...

Beautiful quilt! Thanks for peeking in on my blog - always nice to meet fellow crafty moms! Stay cool!