Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Heart of Summer

151:365
152:365
154:365
155:365
144:365
145:365
146:365
150:365
157:365
149:365
147:365
148:365
153:365
158:365
156:365
We are in the heart of summer, where heat waves roll off the pavement and it's a three shower day just to stay cool. With a long holiday weekend I took advantage of my time. There was some flea market shopping, playing in a blow up pool, a new kitten (Topaz), and long walks around the neighborhood. Thorn has taken to every stick he can find, often trying to drag them home. The kids spend their days as the underwear gang. eating cherries by the bowl full. 
My birthday was yesterday and we celebrated in the most simplest way. My mom brought over a cake, which I'm thankful for, as it is too hot to bake anything right now. I got a dining room table, a present to myself - now I just need to go on the hunt for some fun mix matched chairs. 
Finally the heat wave seems to be breaking, thunderstorms are rolling in. Maybe it will actually feel cool enough to pick up a needle and thread.
* If you would like to follow me more daily, follow me on instagram*

6 comments:

Jenniffer said...

Wow- that is one packed holiday weekend! A great big 'Happy Birthday' to you! I love your diningroom table- it's beautiful. Actually, your entire house is absolutely wonderful. And Topaz is a heartbreaker . . . I sure miss having a kitten, yet I also remember how much work they are!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Happy belated birthday Amanda.
I love Topaz and those gorgeous blue hydrangeas!
Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my daughters wedding, much appreciated!
V x

Erin said...

You have taken beautiful pictures! It's been hot and rainy here in Ohio. The humidity has made it hard to breathe for many of us!!

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

vintage grey said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like a lovely day and such beautiful and sweet photos!! Your new kitty is precious!! Have a most lovely week! xo Heather

steph said...

Happy birthday!!! What a great weekend....right at the moment the blow-up pool is looking the best....we're suffering the dog days of summer, too!!
(Love the table!!!)

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Ooh, I'm so happy to see you're on Instagram!

I love that table, and that blue chair is fabulous. The first of many, I imagine.

Happy Belated Birthday, Amanda! xo