Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kitchen Window

Looking out my kitchen window leaves are starting to turn golden yellow and crisp orange. With only 3 days left to summer I picked what was left of the zinnias in my very neglected flower garden. The sedum has turned a rustic pink color which is a sure sign autumn is right around the corner.
Fall sweaters and blankets are starting to come out of their hiding spaces. Tea cups and coffee mugs are getting more use. Soon the air will smell like apple cider, fresh hay, and musty earth.
Pumpkin picking will be on the list of things to do, along with deciding who will be what for Halloween. We are thinking maybe a trip to Salem, Massachusetts is in order this year. But right now, for 3 more days it's summer.

9 comments:

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

What an adorable kitchen window you have...I love it!

I am so happy to see Fall just around the corner. I love everything about it.

Salem, Mass. one of my most favorite places to visit.
1. the Witch Museum
2. House of Seven Gables
3. The great Captains Homes along the Harbor

Love it all!

janet xox

Carole said...

Nothing like summer flowers to brighten up a window, even more special in the Fall.
Gosh haven't been to Salem in a few yrs. Such a fun time.

x
Carole

Jenniffer said...

I am so in love with your counter tops + sink + window. What a great spot. Lovely pictures, too!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

lovely window!
: )

Unknown said...

I wouldn't mind watching the change of seasons through your window. It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, as usual just what I needed to hear. Your pictures are beautiful too.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Pretty picture Amanda! :)
Vivienne x

Micaela said...

how beautiful!!! i would love to always wash dishes with a view like that or leaning against it as i sip my morning coffee.

i'm going to miss the leaves changing :( enjoy double for me!

xo

Pure Ella said...

Hello!!!
I love your kitchen ;)
I am renovating ours now and I'm stuck on the countertops and sink - your look is what I want but I'm worried about these materials.
Question: are these from ikea?
How is the wooden countertop holding up - do you have problems with stains/ scratches/ heat marks?
How is that sink - does it scratch easily? I have cast iron pans - would they scratch it up on my first hand washing job?
I am appreciating any feedback ;)

xo Ella