Friday, September 9, 2011

Plans for the Weekend

I'm not the planner in the family - that is my dear hubbies job. Adventurous and spontaneous is me. In fact I remember when hubby and I had first started dating he called me after he got out of work (10pm) to see if we wanted to hang out that night. Unfortunately I was about 2 1/2 hours away at the beach with a girlfriend. Shocked, he asked "why?" To which I replied, "because I felt like going to the beach." This was a new concept for him, as he was not use to my get up and go attitude.
Still to this day I'm the one who says let's go to New York City this weekend. He kindly reels me in. But sometimes I can coerce him, like our winter trip to the ocean just so I could dig my toes in the sand. Far too many weekends are now planned. One thing that comes with parenthood. Sometime soon my inner gypsy will speak up with an exciting plan for the weekend. But this upcoming one is not it. We are laying low. You may find me finishing up a new pattern, working on teaching myself new knitting tricks, or still trying to play catch up after the power outage. Hoping everyone has a lovely cheeky weekend with an impromptu trip thrown in!

1 comment:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Have fun whatever you get up to and enjoy the knitting!!
Vivienne x