Thursday, May 24, 2012

Strawberry Inspiration

The other night while cleaning up some strawberries for a very yummy snack, I was thinking about strawberry picking. As a girl I remember going into hot summer fields of strawberries, filling our basket full to the brim, and every now and then sneaking one into your mouth. Your hands would be stained a pinkish red from all the strawberries and the tips of your thumbs would be sore. Once home, we most always, would put our heap of strawberries on the counter, like a trophy to our hard days work. Funny how food or smells can bring back memories. This year I think I will take the kids strawberry picking.
There was also a very welcomed phone call yesterday. Tuesday, next week, I will be starting a new part time job working mostly with children as a vision therapist. The hours are perfect, I'll still be able to keep my shop open, and it gives me the much needed time away that I think every mom needs. Hubby and I often joke that when we change things, we really change things! It's kind of that go big or go home attitude. 
So with good news in hand I felt a little crafty last night. I came across this wonderful granny square sampler afghan project that just started. Putting it in my ravelry que, I started. It must have been the strawberry inspiration from earlier because this is how my squares turned out. So I appropriately have named this afghan the Strawberry Fields Sampler. If you want to join the project, it just started, so you have time without having to catch up a lot. 
Hope the good news keeps flowing ♥

6 comments:

Jenniffer said...

I'm so happy for you getting that part-time job!!! That's fantastic- I love good things happening.
And I also LOVE your pictures in this post. Your kitchen sink area is so pretty. And I love the colander, too.
Congrats and joy Amanda!

Anonymous said...

We LOVE strawberry picking. We haven't made it to the farm this year. Thank you for the reminder. Your crochet work is beautiful. I want to learn so badly! So nice meeting you.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new job! It sounds wonderful for you. I can so relate to "go big or go home" we sort of operate that way around here too.

I love your pics they are all so cheery and bright, definitely scream summertime. I'll be making some strawberry jam this weekend, sadly not from my garden but thankful for the farm down the road. Your colander is very cute and your sink, it's is so clean! I'm now off to clean mine...

Debbie @ OtRD said...

Congratulations on the new job!!

Prairie Rose said...

Congrats on the job!
I love your colander, its so pretty:)
I love the smell of strawberries on a warm sunny summer day as you picking them...I think heaven smells like that:)

Carol said...

Congratulations on the new job.
Love your "strawberry fields" afghan.
Carol xx