Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Whatcha Working On Wednesday

I have been working on bunches and bunches of ideas. Filling the shop with lovely spring items including my handkerchief doily garlands that would look vintage chic at a wedding or even a spring tea party.
Being new to crochet (less than a year) I don't crochet very fast. Hubby says I have the granny thing down and all I need is a rocking chair and a porch. Fine with me if it comes with tea and quiet. So I have been slowly working on the Mina dress still. The funny thing is that after it is done it will not fit Aries. More likely to fit Odyn and he really doesn't need a dress. Maybe one of my lucky girlfriends who have daughters younger than Aries will get a sweet gift.
So What have you been working on? Anything new?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw how sweet! Wish I could have a tea party with all those doilys and pretty whites! I am still trying to crochet a granny saquare blanket (not looking forward to sewing them together!, and knit a scarf... wish has been sitting un-done for about half a year! =) Have a good day!

Micaela said...

vintage soul mate, you are so talented! what a beautiful idea for a wedding... if only i had known you then!

xo

Sister Shirley said...

I love the doillies, what beautiful work! I personally am still struggling to crochet, and seeing work like this inspires me to keep trying : )

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

You have given me a great idea for all my vintage hankies and doily's !

Your garland is so sweet.

janet xox

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Love the bunting, it would be great for a spring wedding. :) Maybe you could get William and Kate interested in some!!
Vivienne x

Anonymous said...

Love the garland/bunting and I love Vivienne's suggestion so I sent the link to William and Kate through yahoo shine. They are probably oooing and ahhhhhing over it right now, if not they are crazy. I am working on getting a new kitchen ceiling. I have most of the old one in pieces on the floor. I'm demolition girl and husband is creation boy this time.