Monday, April 11, 2011

Aislynn Blanket

I have decided to name the secret crochet project after the little one it was made for, Aislynn. My cousin Rene's baby shower was yesterday where I was able to give her this wonderful spring colored blanket I have been working on.
For the blanket I used the traditional granny square method, which I learned through this wonderful pattern. There are 56 squares all together that are 4 rows each, white always being the last row. I wanted this blanket to be really soft and cuddly for baby Aislynn so I used Caron Simply Soft yarn in Pistachio, Grape, Sunshine, Orchid, and White.
For the edge of the blanket I framed it with 3 rows of white using the same pattern for the granny squares. Then a row of orchid yarn and finally the edging in grape. I used the same edge as I did with the good vibrations blanket. The wonderful Lucy from Attic24 came up with the perfect edging for granny square blankets - I just like to leave the last step, the scallops, off of my edging.
After making the blanket I put it in the wash and blocked it out to dry. I can't believe how wonderfully soft the yarn turned out to be. Aislynn won't arrive until the end of May but I can only imagine there will be lots of stroller rides, bedtime stories, and snuggles with this blanket.

7 comments:

Prairie Rose said...

Simply Darling!
I love the colors.
Little Miss Aislynn is a very lucky little girl.

Su said...

I love the colours, it looks a very snuggly blanket.

affectioknit said...

I love the spring colours - so very pretty and soft looking...

greenrabbitdesigns said...

It's beautiful Amanda!
I'm sure Aislynn will love and enjoy it. :)
Even the names of the yarn colours are lovely.
Vivienne x

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Your color choices are divine and so suited for spring and a baby.
My most favorite lap blanket I ever made myself was one crocheted with Simply Soft yarn. So cozy and ....well Simply Soft!

Janet xox

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful, a job well done.

parenting articles said...

it's so gorgeous! i can tell that you made this from the bottom of your heart:D

parenting articles