Monday, December 20, 2010

Home For the Holidays

My house feels warm and cozy this holiday season. We were able to finish decorating and spread the holiday cheer around the house.
I was able to finish the good vibrations blanket that I have been working on for a couple of months. When making it I just wanted something happy and fun. Now that it is finally finished I love it and think it's look perfect all curled up on our living room chair.
At night the house gets a beautiful glow about it. It feels so happy and cheerful, Tonight we are going to drink our hot cocoa and make our Santa cookies.
Today I am putting some last minute touches on a couple of spaces in our house, so that I can take some pictures. Hope everyone is finishing their shopping, getting those goodies at the grocery store, and getting ready for the jolly man with the list.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely cosy photos Amanda and an absolutely gorgeous blanket! :)
Vivienne x

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!

Lola Nova said...

Oh, I love your blanket! Your house looks so inviting and cozy. We are planning a cookie baking fest this week!

Miss Val's Creations said...

The quilt is beautiful! What a cozy nook next to the Christmas tree! Happy holidays! ~Val

Kristen said...

Your Blanket turned out amazing!!! Your home looks so comfy & cozy♥ I hope you and your family have a wonderful first Christmas in your new home :)

Kar said...

Thanks for the comment on the trees. They were fun and fast to make. I love your blanket you made for curling up in your chair. Awesome! The colors are perfect.

Anonymous said...

Your new granny afghan is beautiful. That will make the perfect snuggle blanket.

Naturally Carol said...

I have just stumbled upon your warm and friendly site and have decided to follow you. Please feel welcome to come over to my blog and visit too, anytime! Love your new afghan, georgeous colours!!

Prairie Rose said...

I bumped into your blog and I have been just devouring it!
Your home and sense of style are right out of a magazine.
Your home is just the way I want my home to be someday.
Just lovely!
So glad I found you:)
Happy Holidays!

Annette said...

What a beautiful cozy blanket. I hope to make one of these myself someday!