Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's A Perfect Night To....

I just couldn't take making anymore crochet snowflake fabric snow garland tonight. Three nights in a row is enough and the shop has some in stock, so I figured I was good for a bit. The kids missed me, since usually night time is mommy time. So we decided what would be better to do tonight than build a temporary tent.
Oh Aries was excited! I haven't been able to get around to actually putting up the tent in her room. The one she asked for way back when but she was content with this one. 
Damien was in charge of reading all the books to everyone. Little did he know that besides me, he was the only one who could read in the room. He did take great pleasure out of having power for a couple of minutes. 
Odyn (who is not naked, he just prefers the comfort of just a diaper to clothes) just wanted to play peek-a-boo or rip down the tent. He couldn't decide which one was making the others mad the fastest, so he rotated it. 
The kids had so much fun tonight and I did too. It was great to see them happy and playing nice. The tent was so simple, just dragged the bookcase over to the end of the bed, drape one of the large vintage chenille blanket over it all, and don't forget the best part - the handmade quilt, (Damien's) that is very well worn, just add it to the bottom to sit on. I plan on doing a post about this wonderful quilt real soon.
Hope everyone else out there is having a fabulous night with their families :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh, thanks - this was almost like being there. :)