Thursday, July 19, 2012

10 Things You May or May Not Know About Me

1. I'm not a morning person but I try very hard to be and wish I was.
2. My first job was in a greenhouse when I was 14. When you watered the ferns sometimes snakes would slither out - and to this day I dislike ferns for that reason.
3. I went to three different high schools. In my first one I was part of the FFA and was my chapters reporter. Every 3rd Thursday of the month I had to wear the blue corduroy jacket with gold stitching through the hallways at my school - think Napoleon Dynamite.
4. I like to bake much more than I like to cook.
5. It's been a couple of years now, but I use to smoke cigarettes (never when I was pregnant). A habit I'm glad I quit.
6. Often I try to be perfect even though I'm not. When I make a mistake I'm often more hard on myself than anyone else would ever be on me.
7. My dear hubby and I are complete opposites - he falls asleep fast, I lay awake at night. He likes new. I like old. He likes chocolate chocolate cake. I'm more a vanilla strawberry person ...and list can go on and on.
8. My husband picked out the first names for all of our children. Of course these were the only times I agreed with him.
9. When I was younger I had a million different pets - a goat, bunnies, chickens, a lizard, fish, hermit crabs, dogs, cats, hamsters...I probably even forgot some.
10. Sometimes when I start things I don't keep up or finish them - to this day I'm amazed that I keep up with my blog the way that I do - I'm constantly surprising myself.

3 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Always good to surprise yourself Amanda! ;)
I hate mornings too, I wish I was a better morning person as well.
I'm great at midnight though. :)
V xxxxxx

Monica said...

Great to get to know you better! I share no. 4,6 and 10 with you :-)

Micaela said...

i just love posts like these because they tell so much about the person-- things that may not come up in regular conversation. Like, i am right there with you on #5 only for me it's been maybe half a year. It was my incentive to get healthy for this pregnancy and i'm SO GLAD i did!

i also love that your husband picked out the first names for all your children. <3

please always always blog-- i don't know what i would do without your charming spot of the internet. it always leaves me happy! XO