Saturday, July 7, 2012

Handmade Baby Bibs

For awhile I've been working on a cute little surprise of handmade baby items for a blogging friend. I probably shouldn't be showing pictures just yet, but I just can't help myself. Keeping things a surprise has never been a strong suit for me. 
Last night I finished up this hexagon flower bib - I have other little items but I promised myself that I would only share them once they are mailed out and the mommy gets them.
Making things for babies is so much fun, I could literally get carried away with it all. Which is why I am giving myself the whole day tomorrow to do just that! Hope your weekend is full of things that make you get carried away ♥
P.S. Sorry about the blurry pictures lately - I really need to start using my tripod again!!

8 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

So cute. :)
Enjoy your weekend Amanda!
V xxxxxxxxxxxxx

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Your friend will be so blessed by these beauties! Love it!

Annette said...

I love the little hexagons! I've been wanting to give them a try after seeing a tradional cot quilt in the Liberty Home Sewing book. A quilt of them though seems a little daunting. My sister is expecting in the fall. This might be just the ticket for practicing! Thank you for the inspiration.

Maggie said...

What a lovely cute bib! I love the way you've used the hexagon patchwork to decorate it. Great idea! I love doing hexagon patchwork and this is a lovely project to use them :) Maggie xx

Micaela said...

SOOOOOO DARLING! you never cease to amaze me Amanda. :) i LOVE it!!!!

Happiest of Birthdays to you my Vintage Soul Sister! i hope you have the sweetest day. Something should be coming your way soon - got some help from an etsy seller ;) and it reminds me of when we met. i'm so glad we did <3

XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Oh wow that is so sweet! Absolutely lovely! :)

Annette said...

What size hexagons did you use? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Love these. I think you have given me an idea of what to do with those hexagons i have lying around and which are NOT turning into anything larger.