Monday, July 9, 2012

30

 Today I turned 30. We had our home inspection, everything we expected from a 112 year old house. Hopefully soon I will be sharing pictures, before & afters, and funny tales of home improvements.
After that we went out for a lovely birthday dinner. Aries used her menu and restaurant crayons to make me a birthday card. Hubby offered to bake a birthday cake for me, but since I am usually the baker in the family, we opted for an ice cream cake. Aries and Odyn debated on what flowers to get me - pleading each others cases to Rob to pick the ones they wanted. A strawberry colored bouquet won ♥.
I don't feel old but I do feel very lucky and fortunate, which is the best birthday wish I could ask for.

7 comments:

Monica said...

Happy Birthday!! 30s are the new 20s. Looks like your family took good care of you! That's one of the best gifts!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

So glad you have been spoilt, you deserve it.
Many happy returns!! :)
Vivienne x

karamino said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

:) Yum that cake looks good. I'm glad you had a nice birthday. You deserve it.

Carol said...

Happy Birthday. Glad you are having a lovely day.
Carol xx

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Happy, happy birthday! Congratulations on a beautiful day!

Micaela said...

i just adore your sweet family! it is ALWAYS the thought that counts-- i think i would just melt if my husband offered to bake my birthday cake.

I'm glad you don't feel old because like the cute movie "13 going on 30," you're thirty, flirty, and thriving :)

sounds like the perfect birthday celebration.