Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Extra Time

Yesterday morning the kids started their own little mini vacation at my mom's house. A whole week filled with sleepovers, roasting marshmallows, playing with chickens, and no mom or dad. While my mom's house is literally 3 houses up, to them I'm sure it feels like a different world.
With no kids in site, the house here has become very quiet. I can hear a little drop of water rattling around in the air conditioner, the hum of the computer, and my own fingers hitting the keys on the keyboard. Last night there was no one sneaking down the stairs and hopping into my bed. This morning no requests for juice or snacks. I'm finding myself hurrying around for no reason, and time seems to a last a little longer. I read a couple pages in a book without interruption, and tonight I might read a bit more.

1 comment:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Enjoy Amanda and you know they're not far away.
V xxxxxxxxxx