Friday, July 1, 2011

The Day that Felt like Yesterday

All day yesterday it felt like Friday. Now that Friday is here I don't know what day it is. Lots of non-staged snuggling has been happening around here, which has made my life easier.
This week I got more accomplished than I have in a long time. Reading a new book, starting a ripple blanket, finished doodling the second embroidery block, new items in the shop, and even some time to weed part of my garden that  still desperately needs it - all done this week.
See that brown and white blanket Odyn is laying with? That is his fuzzy or at least that is what he calls it. He won't sleep without it and gets mad if it gets put in the wash. Secretly, while he is distracted, I grab it and throw it in with a bunch of laundry. (Damien wants me to clarify that the pink pillows in this picture are not his nor would he EVER sleep with pink pillows .. they are ARIES' pillows and he felt wrong even touching pink pillows)
So anyways, where was I?... Oh, Fuzzy! With all the snuggling going on I have realized that I haven't made Odyn a blanket yet. Damien's blanket was made while I was pregnant with him, a very lovingly used bug jar quilt. Some of the bugs are missing now, jars are tattered, and there are crazy threads everywhere but he sleeps with it every night. You can see it in this post, all folded at the end of his bed (I will make a note to do a proper post for it). Aries' dream quilt was finished around this time last year. It now rests on her bed every night as well.
So my plan is to replace Fuzzy. I know what your thinking - HA, silly woman good luck! Hopefully the ripple of bright colored yarn will entice him. I'm not trying to be mean but Fuzzy is starting to turn into grungy. If this doesn't work I will try my second plan - a quilt made from some of Odyn's baby clothes. If all else fails I guess Fuzzy will live on.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Gorgeous! Goodness, I just find those ripple blankets so tempting. I've made four already, and every picture I see makes me want to do a fifth. I love the colors you chose! I think your boy will love it. :)

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I should think Odyn will love his new blanket, I know I do!!
Vivienne x

Prairie Rose said...

Haha! I do that all the time.
I am so sure its a certain day and when you tell me its not that day....well, good grief, you just screwed up the whole rest of the week for me:)
I think that Odyn will love his new blanket, it was made my his lovely Mum with love, who wouldnt love that???
Hope you all have a great weekend and a lovely Fourth!!

Anonymous said...

If he doesn't love it I'll have it. ;)

PartyParts said...

I love your ripple blanket, and the photos of your children are SO adorable!

Lola Nova said...

I don't quite know what to think, you seem to be accomplishing a lot for a mama of 3, I am very impressed! Love the new blanket coming along, best of luck with the transition :)