Thursday, July 28, 2011

Itchin Stitchin Cottage Kitchen - Block 2

Block #2 of the Doodle Embroidery Block Quilt is a cottage kitchen. Inspired by Eileen, who left a comment about how much she loved my kitchen. She got me thinking how lovely it would be for everyone to stitch their own dream kitchen. Doodling away this was the cute little cottage kitchen I dreamed up.
This time the lines of the doodles did come out a bit darker. If  you are planning on stitching in a lighter color, like myself, I would recommend 4 strands or more of floss. I only used 2 and the lines are showing a bit. The printed blocks haven't arrived yet but once they do they will be available in my shop to purchase.
This block has tons of little details. It's taking me a little longer to stitch up than the first block but it's also fun deciding the stitches and what colors to use. The fridge is blank but could always use a cute kids drawing. No plain pot holders for me, so I think I'll stitch them with a pattern. The window outside needs a season...as you can see there are so many fun decisions to make.
I wish Aries was a bit older, not that I am rushing anything, but I really think this would be a great starter embroidery project. Her kitchen would more than likely be filled with pinks and she would need to stitch a little cupcake on the counter. That girl loves her sweets!
My block is going to be a little different than the one I envision she would make. Once it is all stitched up I will share it in it's completeness. If you decide to stitch one up I hope you'll share yours too ... after all that's part of the fun.

9 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

That is so pretty Amanda, so many gorgeous little details!#
Vivienne x

Jenniffer said...

Fabulous idea. I never thought of doodling with embroidery; very clever!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome project. I love it!

Kristen said...

Oh wow, that is going to be so cute. I love this project! :)

Anji said...

It's a beautiful idea, I'll have to get my embroidery things out again.

Looking for new blogs to read? ExposeYourBlog!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, this is amazing! And I can't wait to see the finished project. I think you should be writing an embroidery book!!! xo Helena

Eileen {bluebirdluxe} said...

Oh my gosh! I'm jumping out of my chair right now! :) This is so cute, Amanda! I love it! Thank you so much for making this your next block!

dittery dot said...

I think your drawings are lovely! I was wondering do you need special paper to transfer your design onto the fabric? I have seen the heat transfer pens and was just a bit confused about what to use?

Unknown said...

Can't wait to get this one! So fun