Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blog Awards

I have been given a couple of blog awards lately and I feel very honored to be thought of!! So thank you Julie and Shanti for the:

This award has a couple of rules ~
** thank and link back to person who awarded you
** share 7 things about yourself
** pay it forward to 15 discovered bloggers 
** contact these bloggers and tell them about the award

Here are my 7 things:
1. I hate backing up a car - If it's a parking space that I am being directed to back into, I will get out of the car and let hubby do it.
2. I don't like being called Mandy and the only person I have ever let call me that was my dentist.
3. I don't have any brothers or sisters.
4. Hubby and I wanted to have 4 children, after having 3 we decided that was enough.
5. I love all the friends I have made here in blog land :)
6. My favorite time of year is fall.
7. Visiting Europe is on my bucket list.

Picking just 15 bloggers is hard because I enjoy so many blogs - I have a list of blogs I enjoy on my sidebar ~~> 
I think anyone of those deserves this award (so I am not following the rules, which is not unlike me to do).


I also received another award from the lovely Viv. My blog is now a 
and the award is for crafty-blogs, which have less than 300 readers, to encourage more and more people to visit you and see your hand made items. I need to choose 3 other wonderfully crafty blogs with less than 300 followers to give this award to. I agree with Viv and I am giving my award to blogs that have less than 300 followers, have a crafting business, and a little online shop. Please also make sure to check out Vivenne's blog and shop.

1. Emma from Silverpebble - She has a fun little Flickr group and makes the prettiest jewelry.
2. Annabelle from Three Red Apples -  I love her style and pictures.
3. Anna from The Victory Garden - Her Pyrex collection will make you envious and she has mad yarn skills.

I want to thank everyone for the wonderful blog awards it truly means a lot that I was thought of for these awards! You love me, you really love me :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah we do !!!!! :)
You deserve the award Amanda, I was pleased to pass it on to you.
I'm off now to check out your choices.
Vivienne x

Julie said...

I TOTALLY agree with you about backing up a car! I'm terrible at it and absolutely despise doing it.

Anne Lorys said...

You are SO deserving of this and every other award that comes your way!!!

And I totally hate backing out of parking spaces, too. Don't even GET me started on parallel parking! ;-)

Hugs,
Anne

Victory Garden Yarn said...

OH! Oh my gosh, that's ME!!! Golly, thanks, I don't even know what to say! It is always nice to spread the word about us industrious people trying to make our way in the world by crafting our hands off! So I thank you!

I am currently trying to learn and setup Quickbooks for my little business, and it is NOT crafty nor is it very fun so this just completely brightened my otherwise grey, drippy, accounting-confused day! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the blogger community you belong to. Congrats on your award and all the nice friends you have found.

Anonymous said...

Oooh.. that's me too!! Thanks so much for the award! Such a lovely thought! (just what I need to kick myself back into blogging regularly again! :)

Off to discover the other lucky ones...

Annabelle x