Thursday, January 13, 2011

Spring Thing

Lately I have not been in the cooking mood but today I think I will make some homemade bread. Organization has really been on my mind. This spring and summer I want to do some crafts shows in the area and get the barn shop in full swing. So with that in mind I have been making new spring garlands and thinking about what I would want to sell at a craft show. Garlands, Bags, Brooches, Blankets, Pillowcases, Dish Towels, and Embroidery has been filling up my mind. Do you go to craft shows? What do you look for when you are there? How do you find craft shows to be a part of or go to? Is there anything you are looking for that is homemade?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your new garlands Amanda, very cheerful!!
Roll on spring. :)
Vivienne x

Tea with Prudence said...

I would usually buy smaller priced items at a craft fair.

Maybe a jewellery/accessory item, like a brooch, etc.

Im also partial to teacosies.

Cheers
Fi

Lola Nova said...

Oh, I love the top garland, red and turquoise are great together!
As for craft shows, I look for well made, and something that strikes my fancy. Hmmmm...little vague I'm afraid :)

Julie said...

The garlands are lovely! I would definitely consider them at a craft show. I also like to check out jewelry, combination of yarn/thread and beads really appeals to me.

I'm a new reader and am really enjoying your blog. I want to pass along the "Stylish Blogger" award to you! You can see my post on it here:

http://twistedstrands.blogspot.com/2011/01/no-snow-day-here.html

Julie

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

These garlands put me in a cheery mood as soon as I set eyes on them! I especially love the cherry, aqua, and white strand. Craft shows are always a fun place to be inspired. Good luck with your coming show! When I go, I look for things that are unique, cheery, and would be a delight to have. Your garlands fit the bill ;-) Also, a gal can never have enough flower pins to garnish her wardrobe. Those always catch my eye.

Annette said...

Lovely crochet! I haven't ever done a craft show. One day maybe... I'm a little intimidated by the fact of having to make multiples of the same item.

Anonymous said...

I was looking for some homemade bread, and I found it. Thanks, it was delicious! Love your garlands.

Miss Val's Creations said...

The spring garland is so pretty! I go to craft shows with an open mind since I have everything I need. I always find something special though! ~Val

*❀* said...

your flower garlands are absolutely gorgeous!!