Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekend Realization

This weekend I learned a couple of things:
* Sometimes you need to completely slow down, entirely to get better
* No is a very powerful word
* You can give too much of yourself and have nothing left for you
* No amount of snow will keep your children inside
* Seeing your birthday invitation makes your birthday party real
* I can cook, and it won't change the fact that my children still just want nuggets
* Sleeping more than 4 hours without waking up once, feels really good
* Not looking at the computer for 3 days means that you have a lot to do
* After the new year most people get to relax, while I still need to plan 3 birthdays each 2 weeks apart
* It's already the middle of January and my Christmas decorations are still up
* I have a husband, he does exist and I got to talk to him for more than 5 minutes
* Dishwashers are great but you still need to put the dishes in and turn it on
* "It's the BEST NIGHT EVER" whenever mom and dad both get to play with you
* Hot cocoa is just fancy for warm chocolate milk drink (or so I was told)
* My children love me so much that every 5 minutes they need to say "mom?"
* Crafts do not make themselves
Hope everyone had a great weekend like I did.

5 comments:

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Ha...love them all!

Janet xox

Anonymous said...

Wow, you learned a couple of things?? That was one sharp learning curve!
Glad you had a good weekend. :)
Vivienne x

Naturally Carol said...

That sounds like a real weekend of being educated! I can sympathise with you over birthdays ours were, Jan 24th, Feb 9th, Feb 14th, Feb 24th, Mar 3rd, Mar 11th and April 8th for the seven of us...then we rested til the following year...nobody ever wanted birthday cake after they were all over!

*❀* said...

i was nodding my head in agreement a good few times though this post :o)

Megan said...

I love your curtain/snow photo, and I love those curtains! So cute. :)