Friday, January 21, 2011

Mail Call

I got the best surprise in the mail! My oldest loves to get the mail when he comes home from school. He takes each piece of mail and holds each one out before he puts it on the kitchen table. Well today was different. He opened the mail box reached in and was "What is this?!?!?!" I said "Oh! It looks like it's a package from my friend Vivienne. It came all the way from Ireland." Then it was "Can I open it?" "Is it for me?" "What is it?".
I barely got the package in the door. I asked him to go get my camera ...run run run, get camera, walk as fast as I can without running with mom's camera. He couldn't contain himself. As instructed he opened the package carefully. "Oh mom it's pretty. It must be for you." Aries heard the word pretty. "Me like pretty!" I was able to get a few pictures taken before the items were claimed.
Aries informed me that the brooch was now hers. Damien stated that the Irish linen sachet smelt so good that the best place for it would be in the upstairs bathroom (otherwise known as the kids bathroom). I am proud to say that the items made their way back to me. The brooch is now pinned on my purse and the sachet is in mom and dad's bathroom. Thank you so much Vivienne! It really made my day and my kids day too. (Isn't she the sweetest?!)
 I know I will be sharing this lovely corsage with my daughter but if you want one of your own visit Vivienne's shop. The picture doesn't do it justice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww bless them, I'm so glad I've made your whole family happy today!!! :)
So happy you like it!
Have a wonderful weekend Amanda. :)
Vivienne x

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Don't you just love surprises in the mail?

Janet xox

Lola Nova said...

What a wonderful package! It's much the same at our house when a special parcel arrives in the mail. My girl gets beside herself and must participate in the opening!
I love happy mail!

Prairie Rose said...

Ohhh! Getting packages in the mail are SO exciting,but packages from far away places....how thrilling!
Especially when they contain such loveliness as yours did:)

*❀* said...

they are so beautiful, Vivienne is just amazing! one of the sweetest people in blogland.

enjoy x